Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

Yesterday we had a cookout at my parents' house for an early Independence Day celebration. This is the cake that I made for it: I got the instructions from this website: 17 and baking. Everyone was quite surprised when I cut into the cake and this is what they saw: I was pleased with how it turned out and it tasted great too! The kids were all confused when I was making the cake because I usually just do a white rectangular cake that I decorate with strawberries and blueberries to make a flag - I will still make that one tomorrow. The kids couldn't figure out why I was making multiple round layers of cake in different colors. It was fun seeing everyone's reaction to the finished product.

1 comments:

Missy White said...

The cake is definitely cool!
Mom N.