Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthday & Father's Day

Sunday, June 19, 2011
DH's birthday was on Father's Day this year and it was also the first day of our family reunion at Mossyrock. We started out the day by checking out of our hotel room early so we could make it to 9 a.m. church with my brother and his family. We just stayed for Sacrament Meeting and then headed down to Mossyrock where DH's parents rented a vacation rental home for the reunion. It was a beautiful, scenic drive. We got there before everyone else so we let the kids out of the car and changed out of our Sunday clothes and just ran around exploring until DH's mom came with the key to let us in!

Here's a picture of our kids with my brother's oldest boy, E. I love the cute smiles - especially on MJ and E! I also love the GREEN in the background!! That's a color that we don't find too often here in Utah!
The kids and I gave DH some pistachios and a new shirt for Father's Day and then his big present for his birthday was a DSLR camera! We have been looking at buying one for a while now and I decided that now is the time that we would use it the most - while the kids are young and involved in sports and school programs and things. DH's parents pitched in to help pay for it and I also got him a few essential accessories so he could start using it right away - a camera bag, memory card, zoom lens. I had M&M wrap all the presents before we left our house and then we packed them already wrapped in our luggage. We had fun trying to keep everything hidden from DH. When DH was loading my bag into the car he commented on how big and heavy it was - little did he know at the time that I had packed the camera in there with my things! :) Now he has the fun task of trying to figure out how to best use it so we can take some awesome pictures with it!
Putting together some Father's Day goodies:
M&M took these pictures because I was running the video camera. I don't think DH looked at the camera once though...
I'm not quite sure what MJ is doing in these pictures! Maybe she just wanted to make sure that I didn't forget that she turned 11 months old on her Dad's birthday!