Monday, August 29, 2011

Change of plans

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I have been trying all summer to take the kids swimming at the pool near my parents' house and we just could not seem to get ourselves over there. Finally on a Thursday I managed to get the kids all packed up in the car in their swimsuits and we were planning on meeting up with my parents and then heading over to the pool. At this time my dad was still not 100% because of a kidney stone but he agreed to come with us anyways. Once we got to the pool we found out that they had just barely closed it because someone had thrown up in the pool and it would be closed for about an hour. Unfortunately that put a wrench in our plans because my mom was scheduled to work at the temple in a little over an hour and there was no way that my dad and I were going to be able to manage the six kids on our own (especially with my dad not feeling well). So we ended up setting up my parents' slip-n-slide and the kids played out back for a while. After the hour was up my dad took M&M and Luke to the pool while I hung out with the little ones at my parents' house. Blondie and Kitty were especially bummed that they weren't able to go to the pool. :(

Crawling through the slip-n-slide

MJ was not too crazy about the freezing cold water!

Much better approaching the water from the side!

Hey! This is actually kind of fun!

Notice the crossed ankles. She loves to cross her ankles, even when she's sleeping.

0 comments: