Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lost, then found

On January 30th I had taken a couple of family history stories with me to my infusion so that I could type them up onto my ipad.  When I came home I remembered taking them out of my backpack and putting them down somewhere so that they wouldn't get smashed in my backpack.  It wasn't until the following week on February 7th that I went to look for the stories again so that I could finish typing them up and I couldn't find them anywhere.  I spent the next day and a half searching the house from top to bottom and even looking through the garbage and recycling cans outside several times and I still could not find them anywhere.  When DH came home from work on Thursday I told him the bad news and he was almost sick to his stomach that those stories may have been lost for good.  I am not sure where I got the stories - I think from my dad's sister who has quite a bit of family history info that I would love to get copies of.  I was more irritated with myself for losing them and I was pretty sure that someone in the family would have copies of them.  Finally in the middle of my cleaning up and going through papers I found some flute music of mine that I needed to put away and when I opened the drawer where I keep my flute stuff, there were the stories under some of my music.  I think what happened is that I had been practicing my flute the week before to prepare for a choir number for ward conference and when I cleaned up my bed that evening I accidentally grabbed the family history stories with my music and put them away together in the drawer.  I was so glad to have found them and I went and finished typing them up right away so that I would at least have another copy on my computer if they were to get misplaced again!

0 comments: