Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Nebo Competition

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I went with Luke's band to Payson for the Nebo marching band competition. (M&M's band did not compete at this one - they had an all day clean-up rehearsal instead.) Luke's band is competing at the 2A level this year (M&M's band is 4A). I thought they did really good for their first competition. I helped assemble some of their props and then with getting the band on and off the field. We then fed them before we left to return to the school. They didn't stay for awards because there was a school dance later that evening - which is unfortunate because they came is 1st place!! I think it was out of 7 bands! They were super excited! Apparently the band director dropped her phone when she was texted the results! The show is called Scheherazade and tells the story of a prince who selects a wife but she is in love with a commoner. At one point the prince and the commoner fight and the commoner is killed. I'll have to post a video of the show. Here are some pictures that I took from the sidelines:

Luke is just one of two clarinets in the marching band. If you zoom in on some of these pictures you can probably pick him out - he is the clarinet with glasses on and he is a little bit shorter than the section leader.


I loved these gold flags!

0 comments: