Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Season of "owies"

This weekend DH & I had to attend several choir rehearsals to prepare for our Stake Choirside that took place on Sunday evening. On Saturday afternoon we were at the stake center rehearsing and since DH & I both sing in the ward choir, we get to take all of the kids to rehearsals with us. (I can't wait until M&M is old enough to babysit the younger ones for us.) We were up on the stage singing on some risers and the kids were behind us playing. The next thing I knew, there was a crash and Blondie started crying. It turns out that she was playing behind the curtains at the back of the stage and she fell and hit the side of her head on the corner of a table (at least that's what she says happened). It was bleeding just a tiny bit but several days later it is looking very colorful...

Then this morning I was out in the backyard mowing the lawn and the kids were playing out front with M&M in charge. All of a sudden I heard Kitty screaming and walking towards me across the yard. Apparently she was playing on M&M's scooter and tripped over it and fell - and of course hit her face on the pavement.

The bagger at the grocery store later today was wondering if the two of them got into a fight with each other...

1 comments:

Cherylyn said...

I'm glad we aren't the only ones with the season of owies. Clark fell down the stairs at the law school, and then while playing in his crib during his nap, he hit his lip and cut it open...all on the same day. I was just hoping he would make it through the rest of the day alive. While telling a few friends about this while at the pool, two of their kids fell in the pool and they had to jump in with their clothes on to rescue them. It's crazy sometimes!