Tuesday, February 24, 2009

CA trip wrap-up

Unfortunately Baby K was sick on our drive to California and for the first couple of days that we were there. Every night I would start out by laying her down on some blankets on the floor once she fell asleep and then a few hours later she would wake up crying out, "Mama, mama". The first 2 nights she woke up with a horrible cough so I propped pillows up in my bed and slept with her on my chest the whole night so she could be inclined. Once she was finally over the horrible cough I would feed her in the middle of the night and then try and put her back down on the floor and she would immediately wake up and cry out with the most pitiful cry, "Mama, mama" and she would reach for me with both of her arms until I picked her up again. She got to the point where she would feel me trying to pull her off of me to lay her down and immediately she would cling to me harder - I started referring to her as my baby Koala. We were both very grateful to get back home to her bed!

In our hotel room in San Diego, the kids had to take turns sleeping on the floor. The first night Luke and Kitty took the bed and Blondie and M&M were on the floor. Luke had such a hard time sleeping that night for some reason. DH and I were watching some T.V. after the kids were asleep and Luke kept tossing and turning every minute or two. At one point DH had to pick him up and move him off of Kitty. Then when I got up with Baby K during the night he was still moving all around and twice I heard Kitty cry out, "Ow" because he had rolled on her or hit her. The next night was much better (and all of the nights they shared a bed in Anaheim) so I'm not sure what the problem was that one night.

The other problem we had was the night after our first day in Disneyland, my husband woke up in the middle of the night with horrible back pain. Normally I am the one with the back or neck pain so I was a little concerned - especially since I needed his help carrying the kids for the next two days at Disneyland. We think that he just overdid it on our first day and carried Kitty a little too much. So I was very grateful that I had brought the baby sling for me to use with Baby K and we put Kitty in the stroller whenever she got too tired to walk over the next few days. With the help of some ibuprofen DH was able to manage the pain the next day and I am grateful that my neck and back didn't act up with all of the baby carrying I had to do and having to sleep with her at night as well.

All in all we had a really fun time in California. I think it was the right number of days in Disneyland for us and we're really glad that we scheduled in a day where we didn't have to do anything. My husband was pleased with the whole trip and now maybe he will want to go on more. It's nice having the kids get a little older so they enjoy things more and can also help with the younger kids.

Here are some more pictures from our trip:

Like father, like daughter:
My favorite road sign:
Eating lunch at California Adventure:
This is how Baby K spent a lot of her time in line:
Enjoying the necklaces we were given at Disneyland:
Eating dinner in our hotel room:
Finishing off Dad's cup-o-noodle:
At first when I saw these mountains in the distance I thought my eyes were going weird on me. It turns out that they were just a series of mountains that had the same profile from a distance:

0 comments: