Monday, February 2, 2009

Mini dad

Yesterday was Luke's 8th birthday! He has been so excited for his birthday to come! One of the presents that we gave him was a suit for church. This is his first suit that he has worn (DH's parents gave him one last year but one piece was too big and the other almost too small and we couldn't find a replacement that would fit him). The pants on this suit are a little big in the waist but I should be able to take them in a little so they will fit better. The suit coat fit just right and the length on the pants was good. After he showered and put it on he kept remarking that he looked like a mini dad. After primary when I met up with the kids in Sacrament meeting I told Luke that he looked good in his suit. I asked him if he liked wearing it and he said, "Yes - especially the coat because I think I look really good in it." He wore the whole outfit with suit coat and tie all the way up until bedtime!

During fast and testimony meeting, as soon as the bishopric member who was conducting sat down, Luke immediately stood up and walked toward the end of the bench. I asked what he was doing and he said that he wanted to go up to bear his testimony. So DH and I let him go up and he said a great little testimony at the pulpit. I can't believe that he is already 8 and will be baptized here at the end of the month! Even though Luke can drive us crazy sometimes with all of his energy and obsession with certain things, he is a really good kid who tries hard to do what is right.

My parents and Marilee & Roger came over for dinner and cake and ice cream. I just made a very basic cake because he will be having a friend party this year that I will make a fancier cake for. The other presents that he really enjoyed were the Star Wars Clone Wars movie, Star Wars lego set, and his cub scout uniform and book - he gets to start cub scouts this week and he is super excited about it!! Unfortunately he won't be in my den for another year - that is if they keep me in my calling that long...

0 comments: