Saturday, June 13, 2009

Catchup

Time to play catchup again. Last week soccer and school band ended so I thought that this week I would have a lot more free time - WRONG! This seemed to be one of my busier weeks and included a field trip to the zoo, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, a princess festival and of course cub scouts - which is a weekly event now. So bear with me while I try to catch up on everything that has been going on these last couple of weeks...

Wednesday, June 3
This was supposed to M&M's last soccer practice of the season, but the school scheduled the band concert on the same day so we had to skip the practice. I think the band has improved a lot during this school year and the band teacher is planning on coming back next year and having an advanced band in addition to the beginning band. We will have to see how the scheduling goes in the fall before we decide if M&M will continue next year.

Thursday, June 4
The school had their big end of the year kindergarten program for the parents in the morning. I don't really care for how the school does this program because it is such a mad house! There are about 6-7 kindergarten classes each year and they have all of the students perform in the program together so there are TONS of people there. And unfortunately the kindergartners are all short so if your child is sitting on one of the first two rows, good luck seeing them unless you're lucky enough to get a front row seat. I really wish they would break it up a little more so that the parents could enjoy watching their own child... Having said that, it was a cute, fun program and they do a good job with it. Blondie was very excited for it and made sure that her dad was invited as well as my parents. I can't believe her kindergarten year is almost over!

Blondie is on the far right in a white and green dress.

After the kindergarten program my husband and I helped out with the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I was assigned to help with the physical facilities (which is a fancy name for the clean up crew - trash, bathrooms, etc - and we had to dress up for it too). DH got the job of usher so he got to stand in the baptistry area and show people where to go next - and no talking allowed for the ushers. I was able to walk through the temple because it wasn't very busy while I was there. It is beautiful and we are excited for it to open in a few months.

0 comments: