Friday, December 30, 2011

Kay talk

Today at the dinner table, the discussion of germs came up after DH sneezed. Kay said to him, "What are germs?" So we tried explaining to her that germs are bad things that get passed around and they can make you sick, that's why you need to wash your hands and be careful how you cough and sneeze around other people.

Kay then asked her dad, "But what color are they? Are they purple? Are they Daddy?"

After laughing about that for a few minutes we tried explaining to Kay that germs are too small to see and that you need a microscope to see them. To which she responded, "What's a microspoke?"


A little while later I was in the family room with some of the kids helping M&M with some math homework when Kay found some play soap we have for the girls' dolls. I asked Kay to come over to me and rub it on my head because it would make it feel good. She thought that was a good idea so she came over to me on the couch and started rubbing my head with it and then said, "Here, I'll make your hair grow back."


Kay had the hardest time saying the word "hospital". Usually it came out as "hopsital" or "hopsistol".

0 comments: