Monday, January 14, 2013

Sounds of the Season 2012

December 7-8

Our Friday night performance went pretty well, although I had a huge headache that whole day.  I was a little nervous on a couple of the songs starting out, but once we got into it I did alright.  It was fun having M&M participate with me this year.  We'll have to see what her schedule is like for next year's performances!

I think that our second night went a little bit better than the first, but I struggled a little on the piccolo part!  For the last song there was a section where I needed to play really high on then piccolo and by that point in the concert I am pretty worn out.  I didn't get it all out on the first run through but I was able to get the part out for the encore (which was just the last half of the last song).  So playing that high part twice on the piccolo at the very end of the night is asking a bit much for someone at my level!  DH and Kay to the Saturday night performance as well as my sister and her family.  DH was wondering if this is the first time there has been 3 generations of performers in the group - my parents, me and M&M.

0 comments: