Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kid talk

The other day, MJ came up to me and said, "So I was thinking... I want to watch Friendship is Magic. Can I pretty please watch it?"

A couple of weeks ago the flowering trees around here were all in full bloom and as we were driving out of the neighborhood Kay said, "Mom! Look at the blossoms popping on the apricot trees!"

Then a few days later the blossoms on our fruit trees in our backyard were all gone and when MJ looked out the window and saw the trees she said, "Mommy, the popcorn tree flew away!! What should we do?!?"

I was cleaning off the kitchen table in the morning while MJ was still eating breakfast. I was taking off the place mats one by one and wiping them down and stacking them. When MJ was finished eating she said to me, "You can take my place map if you want to Mom."

MJ is really starting to like meat. The other day I made taco salad for dinner and MJ kept asking for more brownies. It took me a few seconds to realize that she was calling the hamburger meat in the salad, brownies. So I told her that it was called meat and the next time she said, "Mom, can I have some more meat please?"

Last week we were kneeling down for our family prayer before bedtime and it was Kay's turn to say it. DH instructed her on how to say it so she could try it on her own. He finished with, "Kendra, you know the words..." After a few seconds of silence, MJ piped up and said, "Awkward..."

0 comments: