Monday, July 8, 2013

DH's birthday!

Wednesday, June 19th

DH turned 40 this year and wasn't too excited about it...  We just had a small family party at home.  I bought some dinner for the two of us from Olive Garden and then we just got pizza for the kids.  After dinner we went and played miniature golf - and my parents joined us.  (Luke had a swim party for YM that night so he opted to do that instead of the golf.)  It's been a while since we've taken the kids to play and every time I do I remember why I don't like going with young kids...

Afterwards DH opened some presents which the kids had wrapped for me.  Blondie wins the award for the best wrapped gift this time around.  She had wrapped something in about 20 or so plastic bags that she had individually tied inside one another.  It took him quite a while to open them all to get to the gift!  Then we had some ice cream cake that I had made - and it was much creamier than I have made it before.  It was delicious!  Happy Birthday DH!  We love you!

0 comments: