Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kitty's Birthday

I still can't believe that Kitty's already one!! She got a lot of clothes for her birthday and a few books and some small toys. After she was finished opening her presents she finally figured out how to do it on her own. She found a present on the floor that my parents had addressed to me and proceeded to open it on her own without any help.

I made her a chocolate teddy bear cake with chocolate frosting and she had a lot of fun eating it. I gave her a big piece of cake on a plate with a spoon and the first thing she did was pick up the spoon and then she proceeded to stab the cake with the spoon. Then she would lick her spoon and then she tried poking at the cake with her fingers. I think she was amazed that we gave her so much food all at once and in one piece. Usually I just give her little finger foods or food that is broken up in little pieces. (I will have pictures on Friday to put up)

Unfortunately I think that the cake upset her stomach because she woke up twice that night and I was on the couch with her most of the night (she kept waking up and crying out and then going back to sleep).

0 comments: