Sunday, May 28, 2006

And my new calling is...

Beehive Adviser!

I am joining the ranks with Allison, JayneAnne & Cherylyn...

You know, I thought that once our family moved into a home and started attending a regular ward (as opposed to our student ward down in Provo) that I would be kept in my callings longer. Apparently that is not to be (at least not for me). We have lived in this ward for not quite 3 years yet and this is my third calling since we've been here. They have not released me from my calling as ward choir director yet, but hopefully that will happen in the next week or two (I am keeping my fingers crossed!). Apparently my name was given to the bishopric by the young women's presidency for this calling and they were told "no" by the bishop because I have only been in my calling as choir director for about a year. The bishop told the YW pres. to try and find another person to fill the calling. Well, after thinking about it they went back to the bishopric and told them that they really wanted me and that there wasn't anyone else that they wanted for the calling (the previous adviser is moving). So there must be a reason for me to be in this calling at this time... This will be a new and different calling for me since I have not worked with the young women since I myself was in young women's. I am told that there are about 5 or 6 Beehives currently. Incidentally, several of the girls that will be moving from primary to beehives in the next couple of months were in my primary class when I was called as a primary teacher in this ward...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - I know you will love working in YW. You will be a wonderful asset to the program. Mom Nielson