Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Roses

I have always loved rose bushes, ever since I was a little girl. I think I got this love from my Grandma Lord. I always loved visiting her home where she had a whole row of rose bushes all along the side of her driveway, in all different colors. I knew that once I had a yard of my own to care for that I wanted to put in some rose bushes. When we moved into our home (almost 3 years ago now), I wanted to find a place where I could plant one. It took me about 2 years, but last fall I finally bought a rose bush and planted it in front of our house. It bloomed some in the fall and then when spring came, I pruned it the way my gardening book said and have been waiting for the buds to come. (When DH saw what I had done to the bush, he thought that I had killed it...) Well, last weekend I had my first roses bloom! Here are some pictures:

1 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Looks GREAT!!!! Now you can have beautiful flowers to cut and decorate your house!