Monday, May 22, 2006

The bike ride (not race)...

DH, his brother S and Dad N participated in the annual Reach the Beach bike ride this past weekend (http://reachthebeach.org). They all made it the entire 103 miles (despite a late start and DH's knee hurting halfway through the event - sound familiar Tan?)! DH drove up to Vancouver on Thursday, rode in the bike ride on Saturday and was able to drive back home safely on Sunday.

Way to go men!!

Meanwhile on Sunday, the fun still continued for me at home... I had to conduct the ward choir for the special musical number during Sacrament Meeting, bring the kids with me to choir practice, and I was extended a new calling before church. The bishopric decided to wait until next week to sustain me to my new calling so that they can try and find a new choir director before then (stay tuned until next week to find out what my new calling is...). :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guys did a super job. I was proud of them. They looked pretty good too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom N.

Anonymous said...

So- Is it girls camp director? Heath said something about it being brought up. I'm curious to find out. Hope it is something that you'll have fun with. The boys did do a great job on the ride.
Vonae