Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Midwife Bill Update

Well, the Utah Senate assigned the midwife amendments bill to the Senate Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Standing Committee of all places. The last time I checked, midwives & homebirth have nothing to do with natural resource, agriculture or the environment. We all thought that it would go to the committee related to the issue which is the Health & Human Resources committee. The unfortunate thing about this assignment is that Sen. Dayton (the author of the bill) is on this committee along with another staunch opponent. My midwife believes that it will make it out of committee and to the Senate floor easily. It's on the committee agenda for Thursday morning at 8 a.m. So, I guess Blondie & Kitty & I will be making an early morning trip up to the capitol tomorrow. Unfortunately neither of them are morning people so I have a feeling they are not going to be too happy while we are there. (Hopefully they will sleep in the car. :) It's very interesting and frustrating at times getting involved in the political process. I have definitely learned a lot about how the legislative process works over the past couple of years.

I'll post what happens tomorrow...

0 comments: