Monday, April 30, 2007

On a happier note...

On Saturday morning, M&M had a gymnastics competition that her gymnastics class performed in. M&M has LOVED taking gymnastics and she's pretty good at it. She also has really enjoyed having a couple of her friends in the same class. The competition is organized by a couple of the dance teachers in the area and there were only a couple of gymnastics groups. There were judges that scored them, but the scores weren't really important. Everybody went home with a participation trophy.

On the way to the gymnastics competition, Blondie asked from the back of the car, "What's this hair doing on my legs?" I looked back and she was inspecting her legs and was noticing for the first time that they had hair on them. Then a minute later I noticed her inspecting her arms as well...

My jaw feels 110% better than it did last week. The stitches in my mouth are all gone and my gums look like they have healed nicely. I am still on antibiotics and my jaw is still slightly swollen where the bone was removed. I think that that is normal - but I will definitely ask at my appointment tomorrow. Hopefully the worst is over and it will be clear sailing after this.

We got the part to our dishwasher on Friday (even though I didn't check the mail until Saturday). DH installed the new part and now we can use it again!

I got a call on Thursday from the furniture company and they have finally received our sectional. The earliest they could deliver it is tomorrow (Tuesday), but I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I have something else scheduled for Wednesday so they will deliver it on Thursday. Hopefully they got the order right and that there won't be any further problems...

I'm still getting the run-around trying to get info on MD testing. I finally talked to the genetics counselor from Texas on Thursday and she gave me the phone number that I already have from the University of Utah. She was very nice to talk to though and was able to answer some of my questions that I had. I called the U on Thursday and Friday and I still have not been able to talk to the person that I am supposed to talk with there. I will be trying again today.

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Good job Emily on your Gymnastics. That sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulate Emily for me. I'm glad she's loving it! Comment on Alicia's awareness of body hair -that's so funny! Hope you're writing these moments down because you do forget too many of them over time.