Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!
Unfortunately Baby K got up just as I was going to bed on Christmas Eve and then she woke up bright and early at about 6:30 a.m. The rest of the kids, with Luke leading the way, were up shortly thereafter. It was snowing pretty good already at this point and we got a phone call from my sister and then my parents saying they were leaving to come over to our house. So I got breakfast in the oven and we waited for my sister and parents to show up and for my husband to get himself up...
Because of the weather it took everyone a little longer than usual to get to our house and then DH decided to torture the kids by getting up and showering beforehand. By the time Marilee and Roger and my parents got to our house we were all pretty hungry so we ate breakfast before we let the kids go down to the presents. They were pretty good-natured about it and we finally headed downstairs around 10:00.



Here is a picture of our best present for the year - isn't it great having older siblings?? I don't even think she realized she had something on her head.



The big present this year was two Nintendo DS systems for the family. Each of the kids got a game for it and they all had fun trying them out as you can see from this picture here.

While we were opening presents it continued to snow pretty good outside and my parents delayed leaving for a couple of hours. They finally left to brave the weather in the early afternoon to go and start the turkey dinner at their house. Then Marilee and Roger left and called and said that roads were fine once they got outside of our neighborhood.
So later in the afternoon we headed over to my parents' house for Christmas dinner and to open more presents over there.
By the time we headed for home the roads had become quite slick and our van almost didn't make it up the hill that my parents live on. After we got out of my parents' neighborhood the roads weren't too bad until we got over closer to our neighborhood. At one point DH and I jumped out of the car to help push another car that had gotten stuck.

We had a great Christmas and were sad that Kevin & JayneAnne and family weren't able to make it down because of the huge amounts of snowfall up in their neck of the woods...

Here are our annual Christmas pictures of the kids:

0 comments: