Thursday, December 18, 2008

She can do it!!

Baby K has finally figured out how to roll from her stomach back to her back! It still takes some effort on her part but I don't think it will be too long before she starts rolling to actually get to places. Plus she's close to crawling as well. Baby K turned 8 months old the day of my Sounds of the Season concert and she's such a happy and delightful baby to have around. She's most happy at home around our family. When there are strangers around or she is in an unfamiliar place, she usually just sits and stares at people with the most serious look on her face.

One of the great things about Baby K taking a little longer to crawl and roll is that I was able to take her to several of my community choir rehearsals. I would just sit her on a blanket on the floor in front of me with a few toys and she would just sit there playing and looking around. Towards the end she was starting to get to be a great reacher and got into trouble once when she made a lunge for my music stand and knocked it right over. The people in the choir loved it when I brought her and loved to watch her during the rehearsals. The only bad part about it was that the rehearsals went until 8:45 p.m. and by that time she was ready for a feeding and bed and would usually cry the whole drive home. :'( I also usually end up taking her to ward choir practice with me because my husband is usually still at church for tithing settlements. I get comments all the time on how she is such a good baby at these practices.
I love this picture! I was trying to take some pictures of Baby K in action without her seeing me or the camera. Whenever she sees the camera or camcorder, she stops whatever she is doing and smiles up at me. In this picture I was lying on the floor behind a box with the camera and Baby K was leaning to the side to see me.

This is how Baby K sucks her thumb - she turns her whole hand around to get the thumb in her mouth.

Baby K has become quite flexible as she gets herself into funny positions while trying to reach for things. And she can usually get herself back up into the sitting position afterwards...

0 comments: