Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kitty saves the day!

Our garage door has been acting a little funny off and on the last week or so and today when I got home from the grocery store the door would only open about 6 inches off the ground. Unfortunately I also did not have a house key with me so we were essentially locked out of the house if we couldn't get in through the garage. I knew that I would not be able to fit under the garage door but thought that Kitty was just small enough that she would be able to do it. It took a little bit of convincing on my part because she had to lay down on her back, turn her head to the side and slide under the door. The ground was wet with snow and Kitty wasn't too excited about having to do it. Finally I got her to lay down on her back, turn her head to the side and then I basically pushed her under the garage door with very little clearance. Then I got her to go into the house through the garage and over to the front door where I was able to instruct her in unlocking the door. Her clothes got pretty dirty through the whole ordeal but once she got changed into clean clothes she was pretty pleased that she was able to help out. And after this experience I went and put house keys onto the van key chains... Now we just have to figure out what is wrong with the garage door and how to get it fixed...

0 comments: