Tuesday, October 27, 2009

End of fall soccer

Last Saturday was the last day of soccer games for the kids. Luke's team played the same team that we played last week and managed to win again: 3-2 this time instead of the 1-0 last week. This was definitely one of the better teams that we played during the season. Luke's team ended up with an undefeated season: 7 wins and 1 tie! It was fun coaching and I will have the same kids back again in the spring - this league does the fall and spring seasons together. I had a lot of parents come up and thank me at the end of the game and a couple of the girls came up and gave me a hug. One of the girls was telling me during the game that she liked me as a coach much better than the boy coaches she has had in other years. My biggest struggle with coaching was trying to give the kids equal play time during the games - especially when they all showed up. I had 13 kids on the team which meant that when they were all there we had 5 kids sitting out at once.

M&M's team also won their game and ended up with an undefeated season as well: 6 wins and 2 ties. M&M almost scored a goal at this game, but ended up kicking the ball right to the goalie... M&M has really loved playing on the coed team and it has challenged her a lot more. She was sad to see the season end!!M&M's team played a team with the same jerseys last week! M&M's team ended up putting their shirts on backwards for the game, but it was pretty confusing watching them!

Now I am going to enjoy my time off until the end of March when the spring season starts up!

0 comments: