Sunday, October 4, 2009

Making cents...

Blondie has been somewhat obsessed with money lately. A couple of weeks ago she stepped on an open library book on the floor and ripped several pages out of it to the point that it is beyond repair. I told Blondie that she was going to have to pay to replace the book, so all of the money she has been earning lately has gone straight to paying for the book. On Friday we took a look at the money that she had and I was able to count out enough to pay for the book and she even had a little left over. She was somewhat confused with change equaling the same as a dollar bill and we ended up changing money a few times until she felt like she had enough coins in her bank still. While this was all going on I gave Kitty some money of hers that I had been keeping in my room for safety - and it included a $10 bill.

Well, later on that day I went to the store and left the older kids home with M&M in charge. When I got home, Blondie met me at the door and was so excited to tell me that she traded some money with Kitty so that Kitty could have some coins. I was very curious as to what this entailed and she informed me that she had traded one of her 10 cents for Kitty's $10 bill!!! What a nice sister!!! The funny thing is that Blondie actually thought that it was a fair trade and that she was helping her sister out!

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Kids and money is a funny thing!