Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas 2009!

Alright, it's about time I post some entries from Christmas and New Years! We had Christmas Eve dinner at my house again this year followed by singing Christmas song and reading the Nativity story. Then the kids opened their gift of new pajamas and amazingly enough everyone's fit this year! My parents and my sister and her husband came and spent the evening with us.

The next morning the kids were dying to open gifts and Kitty was still sleeping! She finally woke up and then the kids started opening gifts shortly before my parents arrived. Some of the big gifts this year were a Princess Castle for the girls and a Nintendo Wii and a few games for the family. Baby K got a ton of Sesame Street stuff and has loved it all! The kids were super excited about the Wii and have had a ton of fun playing it these last few weeks that they have been off-track from school (they go back next Tuesday). We ate brunch at our house after opening the Santa gifts and then opened the rest of the gifts afterwards. Later in the day we went to my parents' house for Christmas dinner.

We tried something new this year which turned out to be a lot of fun. Usually I just buy a couple of extra gifts and have the kids pick from them to give to their siblings. This year I decided to have the kids each pick the names of 2 siblings and then I took them each to the store to pick out gifts for each sibling with a $5 spending limit. The kids had a BLAST picking out things for their siblings and seeing how much they could get for the $5. They also loved wrapping the gifts and watching them open them on Christmas day. I think we will definitely do it again next year!

0 comments: