Friday, August 9, 2013

End of School Year 2012-2013

M&M's last day of school was Wednesday, June 5.  The other kids ended on Friday, June 7.  Tuesday the 4th was Lagoon Day for the 9th graders so M&M and a bunch of classmates took some school buses up there and spent the day.  This was M&M's first time at Lagoon.  I'm glad she had some friends that went with her.  Then didn't go to school on Wednesday because no one was planning on going - at least none of her friends...  It actually worked out nicely for me though because I was able to leave her at home with Kay and MJ so I could help out with field day for the kids and attend the other end of the year programs.  M&M ended up getting all A's every year in middle school with just one A- in Spanish her last quarter!

Blondie's class didn't do an awards program.  The teacher just gave out awards during class time.  I was able to get a picture of Blondie with her teacher though.  This was our third time with Mr. R.


Kitty's class did a Reader's Theater and then gave out some awards.  Kitty was a little upset with the program because she wanted a bigger speaking part in her group's play...  I may have to get her involved in some sort of theater or musical group...

Luke's class had a talent show and awards program.  Unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of Luke with his teacher...  He was supposed to wait at school for me at the end of the last day so I could take a picture, but I was running a little late and he left right after to walk home with a friend.  He is definitely excited to be leaving elementary school!  Although Luke's teacher absolutely loved him and would like to keep him around for a few more years.

0 comments: