Friday, August 9, 2013

Kid talk

Not too long ago we were over at my parents' house and apparently there was a spider that MJ found in their basement while she was playing with some toys.  After that MJ kept walking around talking about the spider:  "It was so, so super nasty."

I took Kay downstairs in our house to talk to her dad about something - he was in his office in the basement.  After we were done with that we were walking back up the steps and Kay said, "Phew! We're still alive!"

While we were shooting off some fireworks the day before Independence Day.
Kay: "That last one was my favorite!"  (It was an aerial.)

One day at the dinner table I was trying to get Kay to finish up her rice.  MJ had already left the table but she overheard me talking to Kay so she decided to come back and participate in the conversation.
MJ:  "Does Kay not want to eat her rice?"
Me:  "You're a busybody."
MJ:  "Why thank you."

MJ and Kay were supposed to be going to bed but instead they were apparently fighting over some ponies upstairs.
Kay: I'm never letting you play with my ponies ever, ever, ever again.
MJ: That doesn't even make sense.

MJ while we were shopping at Target: "I really like stickers."

Kay trying to get her dad's attention: "Daddy! Daddy! Apparently he's vacuuming."

0 comments: