Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pioneer Trek 2014

June 19-21

Our stake this year did a pioneer trek for youth conference.  It was M&M's first time doing one.  I was able to get most of her clothes from my mom and our local thrift stores.  I found some cute sheets at the thrift store and my mom made a skirt and bonnet out of it for M&M.  M&M knows quite a few of the youth from the stake through school but managed to be put in a family where she didn't really know anyone beforehand.  I think she struggled a little with that but had a good time overall.

M&M with all of her gear, ready to go!  They gave each of the youth a large sack to put their belongings in and then they were supposed to provide their own 5 gallon bucket with a lid for the items they would need while pushing the handcart. The bucket was also their chair while on the trek.
M&M with one of her friends from our ward.
M&M at the back of the wagon, pushing.
M&M pulling at the front of the wagon.

0 comments: