Friday, January 26, 2007

Family Calendars

I'm almost done! I've been working on the family calendars for my parents and siblings for the last couple of weeks. It's a lot of fun and DEFINITELY a LOT of work! The printing is probably the most time consuming part of the project because each page has to be printed individually and they can't be allowed to stack up in the printer out-tray or the ink (which takes a LONG time to dry) will smear onto the following page. First the calendar side has to be printed and then the photo on the other side.

This is what my husband's office looked like a couple of days ago. I learned the hard way last year that if I stack the pictures too soon (even after several hours), they can stick together and the ink will come off on the neighboring page - which means that I have to reprint both pages. This year I put the pages all over the place in my husband's office to ensure that they got plenty of drying time.

When I was binding the calendars last night, Blondie came into the office to see what I was doing. I told her that I was making books out of the pictures so that we could hang the calendar on the wall. She came and sat down in the room and started flipping through the calendar that I had just bound and thought it was pretty neat - especially the pages that had her on them and pictures of the cousins that are her age. Then Kitty came into the room and I decided that I probably shouldn't let them play with the calendars that I was binding for this year so I went and got some of the previous calendars that I have done (this is my 5th year of making the calendars). They both thought that was pretty neat flipping through the pages and asking who was who and pointing to the people they knew.

Now I just have to punch holes in them to hang on the wall and then they will hopefully be mailed tomorrow or Monday.

0 comments: