Friday, July 31, 2009

Early anniversary gift!

I have been complaining for some time about needing/wanting a newer, bigger grill and up until now my husband has just dismissed it as another "thing" that we really don't need. I have been cooking on a little dinky, table-top gas grill for the past 10 years or so and with our growing family and extended family that lives nearby it just isn't cutting it anymore. Well, unbeknownst to me DH started asking around about grills and decided that he would get me one this year for an anniversary gift. At first he was just going to get one based off of some recommendations but then decided that he wanted to have my input on it since I am the one that will be using it. We checked in a couple of stores and found one that we liked but I really wanted to have a side burner with it and that was only available if we special ordered it or bought it online.

Our old grill

After looking around online we found that the grill was going to be the same price no matter where we bought it so we found a place online that was offering free shipping and no sales tax. The website is CSgrills.com and is based in Canada. The free shipping offer was going to end soon so we wanted to order it before that expired, but we were also going to be leaving on our family vacation soon and didn't want it to arrive while we were gone. The shipping estimate was about 2-3 weeks plus processing time (a few days). So we ordered it on the last day of the sale so that it would definitely arrive after we got home from our trip. (And wouldn't you know it, but the next day the free shipping promo had been extended another week. I hate it when places do that!)

We placed the order on Monday, July 6th and on Monday, July 13th I got an email from the company with the package tracking info. So I went to the website and entered the tracking info and it said that the grill had been shipped a few days before that and arrived in Salt Lake that morning! We were leaving for our trip on Wednesday - the shipment wasn't supposed to be in until the 24th at the earliest!! I got a call from the delivery company later that day asking if we could set up a delivery time for that week. I said that it would have to be Tuesday because we were going out of town on Wednesday (and initially we had planned on leaving on Tuesday but then bumped it back a day that Sunday). So DH stayed home from work on Tuesday and worked from home so he could be here for the delivery (the box the grill was in was VERY heavy). They delivered the grill in the early afternoon on Tuesday and we sent an hour or two putting it together so we could make some room in the garage.

The day after we arrived home from our trip we went out and bought some propane for the grill and I have used it several times since then. So far I am loving it! The grill is really easy to light and I am amazed at how quickly things cook on it (plus we don't have to heat up the house as much)! I also love that it is green and not the standard black! I haven't tried the side burner yet but plan to soon. If anyone has some great grilling recipes or tips, please send them my way! My goal is to cook at least once a week on it.

0 comments: