Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reach the Beach 2010

DH drove up to the Northwest again this year to participate in the Reach the Beach 100-mile bike ride with his dad and brother for the 4th time. He left Thursday, had a day to relax, participated in the bike ride on Saturday and then drove back home on Sunday.

It was kind of fun this year since we both finally have cell phones and DH was able to text me throughout the day of the ride letting me know how they were doing and then on the drive home as well so I could know when to expect him.

While he was gone we had lots of things to keep us busy. On Thursday M&M had soccer practice after school and then I had a cub scout roundtable to attend in the evening. Then on Friday the kids and I got some good work done in the garden and then Blondie had tumbling and I picked up pizza for dinner on the way home. Luke and I finished up mowing the back lawn before dinner and then we watched the movie The Princess and the Frog (none of us cared for it too much).

On Saturday M&M and Luke had soccer games one right after the other and then we went home to clean up the house a little before going over to dinner at my parents' house that evening. After dinner I picked up the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for us to watch before bed - we all thought it was a cute movie.

Sunday morning I had choir practice before church and then I sang with the choir during Sacrament Meeting - thankfully Kay sat quietly with her siblings during the number and didn't cry when I left to go sing. After church I laid down for a bit with Kay and had the kids just get food for themselves for dinner. After that we went for a walk around the neighborhood because it was such beautiful weather! Then DH got home after most of the kids had gone to sleep.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Sounds like the time went fast for you! I'm glad. Do you have any pictures? Shane forgot to take a camera. I would love to see some if you do.