Monday, April 4, 2011

Living room

Our living room is starting to come together piece by piece. The wood floor was our first step, then we finally found and ordered a couch that we liked. Our next step was to find two chairs to put over by the windows. DH and I looked at many, many different types of accent chairs and we would find one that we liked the look of, but wasn't very comfortable so we kept looking. There were two chairs that I found that I thought were comfortable - one was a beautiful accent chair at Bassett Furniture (where we ordered our couch from) and the other was a wingback chair at a smaller furniture store in Salt Lake. The Bassett chair was super expensive and I was having a hard time justifying buying it (and two of them eventually). The wingback chair was nice, but also expensive and we weren't quite sure on the colors that were offered for it. I decided to try looking around at some classified ads on the internet and had found some that would work but I would need to get them reupholstered (which could be quite expensive). One day I came across an ad for some dark blue wingback chairs with some gold and red coloring on the fabric - exactly the same colors as one of the accent pillows that we picked out for the couch. Finally DH and I decided to go and take a look at them and we decided to buy them! We went on a Thursday evening (March 24th) and only took MJ with us - the person selling them lived near downtown Salt Lake and we had to take the back bench out of the van. We paid about half the price of what we would have paid to get the cheaper set of wingback chairs at the furniture store. Then the next day our couch was delivered! Now we need to find an area rug and decide if we want any tables or other furniture in the room. The one thing I really want is some type of small dresser/cabinet to keep music in. (And I have been having a hard time getting any pictures of the furniture without at least one kid in the picture...)The pillows on the chairs are the pillows I made for our old couch. They are not in very good shape and I will be replacing them once we decide on an area rug. They don't look too bad on them for right now though.

0 comments: