Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

M&M, Kay, MJ, my mom and I all drove down to the zoo together to meet up with Kitty's kindergarten class. We were all late in arriving (even the school buses) because of some horrible traffic on the road to the zoo. It was a fairly nice day weather wise and it was definitely more crowded than other times that we have been. It was nice having my mom and M&M there to help out with the little ones. After we met up with Kitty we went to see the bird show which is always a favorite activity of ours. It's amazing how the birds fly so low over our heads!!

This is a Stellar Sea Eagle - it was quite a funny looking bird that they had walk around and fly just a little bit.

Talking parrot

The lady right in front of us had a $5 bill and was picked to have this bird fly out and take it from her. Then it flew back and gave it back along with a coupon for some free milk. I was able to get a nice picture of it and I asked the lady for her email address so I could send the picture to her.


Our obligatory pictures on the tiger statue:
I was a little nervous at what I would find when taking the kids over to the giraffes. There was a big sign on the way that said, "Quiet please! Breeding in progress." Thankfully all we found were two giraffes sitting on the ground!Unfortunately neither Kitty nor Kay were very cooperative at the zoo and neither of them seemed very interested in any of the animals. At one point I took Kitty and Kay over to ride the Carousel while my mom and M&M went and watched the elephant demonstration. MJ did awesome though! I just nursed her once at lunchtime and then after the small animal house I put her back in her stroller and she fell right asleep and slept all the way until we got back home!

Carousel ride:

0 comments: