Sunday, June 12, 2011

Memorial Weekend

For Memorial Weekend I was asked to speak in church on Sunday. The topic was a talk in General Conference from April 2010 called "We Are His Hands" by President Uchtdorf. Maybe I'll post the talk later when I get a free moment.

Later on in the evening we packed the family in the car and drove down to Lehi to visit the Lehi City Cemetery. DH has some ancestors buried there so we spent some time searching for their graves and then DH took some pictures of the headstones. Unfortunately it was a very rainy, drizzly, chilly day and we all got wet. I had the kids take turns sitting in the car with MJ so she didn't have to endure the cold and rain.

On Memorial Day we met up with my parents at the Salt Lake City Cemetery to visit the graves of some of my grandparents and great-grandparents. We were also able to find a couple of Tanners from DH's family. That cemetery is very old, very big and very hilly!! It was also very crowded (at least parts of it were). Thankfully we went in the morning because it was filling up with people quickly! Next we went to another cemetery where my other grandparents and a couple of aunts and uncles are buried.

Later on in the day my parents came over for a barbecue dinner. It was a very different day than we have had in the past on Memorial Day. This was the first year that we haven't had the extended White family reunion for DH's side of the family!

0 comments: