Sunday, June 10, 2012

Swimming lessons

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If you follow my lemonade blog you will know that I have the 4 older kids in swimming lessons right now.  After the first day of lessons I realized that I was going to have an impossible time trying to keep MJ out of the water and sitting on the side of the pool for that whole hour so I decided to pay for myself and Kay to swim (MJ gets to swim for free).  I have had good days and bad days there with MJ at the pool.  On Monday she was in a grumpy mood and screamed and fought me every time I tried to help her in the water or tried to carry her in the pool.  She also thought it was fun to climb up the stairs to the alligator slide that they have there, but once she got to the top she didn't want to slide down.  Yesterday was much better because the smaller kiddy pool was open and she had fun walking around in there and getting more comfortable in the water.  Twice though she tried getting out of the little pool and walked over to the big pool by herself.  I always have to keep on my toes with her around (plus having to watch Kay at the same time who also has no fear in the water).  Twice while we were in the big pool, MJ lost her balance and went completely under.  Luckily I was close both times and was able to pull her out quickly.  Each time she came up out of the water she would catch her breath and then say to me, "Ya okay?"  (She kind of says that as one word slurred together.  It almost sounds like, "Yokay?"

M&M, Luke, Blondie and Kitty all did really well with their lessons and I think they all learned quite a bit.  I'm glad I was finally able to get them in some lessons - I've been wanting to do this for a while now but was never able to work it out with our schedule.  We'll have to take a break for the month of June and then I'll have to see if I can get them signed up with some more lessons after that.  I also think that I will sign Kay up for some swimming lessons during the day once school starts up again so she can do something while the older kids are at school.

0 comments: