Saturday, June 30, 2012

Doctor's appt

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's been a while since I have taken the kids to the doctor's office so I had an appointment today for MJ and Kay for a checkup and some immunizations.  At first the nurse came in and was doing all of the initial measurements and eye exam and then Kay asked when the doctor was going to have her sit on the table.  I told her that the this was the nurse that was checking her and the doctor would be in in another minute or two.  She then asked me what color skin the doctor has.  I wasn't quite sure what kind of an answer she was looking for so I asked her what color skin she has.  She responded that she has pink color skin.  I then told her that the doctor has the same color skin.  Then she said, "Oh.  I'm a little lighter."

When it was time for the shots, Kay went first and she wasn't too happy about them hurting.  After she was through and I put MJ on my lap for her turn, Kay tried to warn her that it was going to hurt and that she wasn't going to like it.

When MJ got her shot she at first jumped a little and then she said, "Hurts", and she didn't cry at all.  The nurse got a kick out of that.


0 comments: