Friday, November 16, 2012

Pumpkin Carving 2012

Monday, October 29

This year we carved our pumpkins for family home evening.  Normally I like to carve them just the day before Halloween, but M&M was leaving the evening of October 30th for her marching band trip.  My parents came over to help and carve their own pumpkins too.  Most of the kids didn't care for the part where they had to clean the guts out of the pumpkin.  Although MJ really enjoyed playing with the guts and seeds and spoon that were sitting in a bowl on the table.  At one point DH had to take her away from the table because she was flinging it across the room and got it all over herself!







M&M's pumpkin
My pumpkin that I had to fix with some straight pins!  (I used a computer printout from a couple of years ago and after I started cutting away parts of the pumpkin, I realized that it wasn't going to work the way I thought it would so I had to improvise to salvage it.)
Kay's pumpkin that I carved (she really wanted a witch design on her pumpkin).
Blondie's pumpkin that she carved almost all by herself - I just helped with a couple of the smaller holes).
Luke's pumpkin - he made a couple of mistakes and was ready to give up on it but Grandma S and I were able to save it.
Kitty's pumpkin - she did awesome and just sat at the table doing the whole pumpkin herself without any complaints.  When she finished there was just one section that she needed a little bit of help punching out.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Awesome Pumpkins!