Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I didn't ask for that...

Yesterday I was wrapping some Christmas presents in my bedroom. Luke came into the room to see what I was doing. He looked at the presents that I had already wrapped and looked at the labels to see if any of them were for him. None of them were and he asked when I was going to wrap some for him. I told him that he would have to leave the room if he wanted me to wrap presents for him. So he left. When he came back in a few minutes later and saw one with his name on it, he felt the present and said, "I didn't ask for clothes!"

I then told him that if he didn't get back in his room and clean it like I asked him to, that was all that Santa was going to bring him on Christmas. I guess that clothes are equivalent to coal in Luke's book...

3 comments:

Vonae said...

Stephanie-
Shane and I thought that this one was way to funny. I'm sure that it's not to you though. Any suggestions on what you do when your daughter wants something that is suggested for a 8 year old. It's what she wants Santa to bring. I've told her that she will probably have to wait a couple of years but she still really, really wants it. (Easy bake oven)

Steph said...

No, I thought it was funny too. That's why I make clothes Mom & Dad presents and not Santa presents (unless that's what they want). Is there a cooking toy that she would like in place of it? The only way I would give an easy bake oven (to a 5 year old) is if it was kept up high where she couldn't get to it and could only use it with me or her dad doing everything. I would probably just wait a couple of years and try to find something that could help get her involved with cooking in the kitchen with me. (How does she even know about the ovens?)

Missy White said...

I love the stage that I'm at - I'm the one that gives clothes! Oh, well, maybe one day they'll like it. Santa definitely has the breaks here.