Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blondie's Holiday Dress

When my mom was here in town, we were looking at stores for a holiday dress for Blondie to wear this year. The maroon dress she was wearing in a previous blog is a couple sizes too big and I was hoping to find one more her size and save the maroon one for next year. We found a BEAUTIFUL dress at Target that was black velvet on top with a green skirt that had a black lace overlay. So my mom bought that one for her and when we got home we tried it on her. It fit PERFECTLY, but for some reason Blondie did not like it. We were never able to quite figure out what she didn't like - was it the beading at the waist, the tag in the neckline, the color, the "twirl" factor when she danced around in it??? Well, I ended up taking the dress back to the store because she just would NOT wear it. The day after I took the dress back, I went to a D.I. that I don't usually go to and found this beautiful black velvet-like dress with flowers and a light green tie at the waist. Thankfully she really likes this dress, but I still wish I knew what was wrong with the first one...

0 comments: