Wednesday, March 7, 2007

First sign of spring...

I was pulling into my driveway when I saw some color in my flower beds at the front of my house. When I looked closer, I realized that I had some FLOWERS blooming. I noticed some tulip bulbs coming up a few days ago, but with the snow that we had last week (about 4 storms) I was not expecting to have some bulbs blooming already! Blondie & Kitty & I got out of the car and proceeded to remove some of the dead flowers from last year and I couldn't believe how many bulbs I have coming out of the ground! I have a lot of crocuses, tulips and daffodils that are starting to make an appearance. I also saw a hyacinth coming up. I LOVE bulbs because you do all the work in the fall and then just sit back and enjoy them in the spring.

It also helps that our house faces east so it gets the morning sun. We are usually one of the first houses in the neighborhood to get bulbs blooming in the spring...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful! Spring is coming a bit early.....