Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Offer accepted

I got a call from Norm yesterday evening letting me know that my parent's offer on the Draper house was accepted! It seems a little surreal to me that they are actually going to be moving out here to Utah and that we really found them a house. I did a count of all the houses that we actually went in to to see and the number comes close to 30! I didn't go to all of them, but there were only a few that I didn't see (and I usually had 2 or 3 of the kids with me). This morning as I was driving around running some errands, I kept spotting "For Sale" signs everywhere I looked. It will take a while to get out of the "find a house" mode. I find myself getting on the computer and wondering what to do since I don't need to check the MLS listings anymore during my free time to see if any new homes have been put on the market...

Now that my parents are back home in Virginia and the house in Draper is pretty much a done deal, my parents will be focusing on getting the last minute details fixed on their home in Virginia and will be listing it on the market. Hopefully it will sell quickly and the changes they have made to the home will pay off. They have painted just about every room, put in a granite countertop in the kitchen and done a TON of decluttering. They will also be putting in a new sliding door in the basement and are considering putting in new carpeting in the upstairs.

I think the final closing for the home in Draper will take place in about 30 days so they can move in any time after that! It's about 20-30 minutes from our house (depending on traffic and how many red lights you hit). We're all excited out here!!

0 comments: