Friday, December 7, 2007

Terrible Twos!

Kitty is definitely my worst child so far when it comes to temper tantrums. She can be the absolute most cutest little girl at times and then something doesn't go quite right or the way she wants it to and then its over for her. Yesterday I went to school to help out with Luke's class and my neighbor across the street watched Blondie & Kitty for me. They have a boy Blondie's age and then another boy who is about 18 months old (plus a girl in Luke's class). These kids play great together and it's really not much work having the 4 of them together. When I went to pick Blondie & Kitty up afterwards, they were having too much fun and didn't want to come home. Kitty was just standing there in the living room and wouldn't come towards the door to leave. So I had to pick her up and carry her kicking and screaming back to our house. Kitty kept acting like she had left something there and I kept asking her why she was crying and telling her that she would be able to play there another day. She was inconsolable though and I was finally able to understand some of what she was saying. She was yelling, "I don't want to go to the boring house (our house)! I want to go back to the fun house!"

I brought her in the house and set her down in the kitchen. Then I went upstairs to do something for a minute and when I came back down Kitty wasn't in the kitchen anymore. I noticed that the door going out to the garage wasn't closed tight and so I looked out in the garage and there was Kitty back near the garage door trying to get out. So I just left her there and when I looked out again a few minutes later she was trying to take her clothes off. Then a few minutes later I heard her trying to come back in the house and she was carrying her shirt & pants & shoes with her that she had managed to take off (she was just wearing a onesie and her socks). After a minute or two she had calmed down completely and was ready to eat some lunch and then she asked me to put her clothes back on her. While I was doing that she was explaining to me very calmly what she had been doing out in the garage (taking her clothes off). My fear is that when she gets a little older and gets mad about something, she will just walk out the door and run off somewhere. I just hope that she learns to control her temper before then so my fear doesn't come true...

0 comments: