Friday, January 18, 2008

Odds and Ends

Well, we made it back safely Wednesday night from our trip to Florida & we had a blast! My parents did an awesome job with the kids and they hardly even missed us. It was a little rough coming back to temperatures in the teens when we had just been enjoying temperatures in the 60s & 70s in Florida. I was freezing all day on Thursday. I will blog more about our trip when I get some more time. Right now I am working on the annual family calendar that I send out at the end of January and I'm busy doing laundry and trying to get the house back in order.

M&M & Luke just finished up another round of swim lessons while they were off track (they go back to school on Tuesday). M&M passed level 3 and Luke almost passed the level 2. They both made a lot of progress over these last couple of weeks.

On another note - check out this picture:
Luke was making himself a sandwich for lunch on Thursday and when he pulled out two pieces of bread, the first one looked normal and the second one had a huge hole in the middle of it. I went and looked at the rest of the loaf and this is what I found. It's got to be the biggest air pocket I have ever seen in a loaf of bread...

And, while Luke was eating that sandwich that he made, his second front tooth fell out (in his sandwich). He tried to take a bite out of the sandwich and immediately said, "ow" and put the sandwich down. Then he said, "Uh-oh" because he noticed that his tooth was not there anymore. Then we looked down at his sandwich and saw it sticking out of the bread. That tooth has been loose for a while and I thought for sure that it would fall out while he was staying at my parents' house, but amazingly it didn't.

0 comments: