Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crazy weather

On Monday I went to the grocery store in the morning and when I was checking out the cashier asked if I thought it was going to snow that day. He had heard on the weather forecast that morning that we were going to get up to 8 inches of snow in the valleys. I hadn't been paying attention to the forecast lately but I found that forecast a little hard to believe after the warm weather we had been having.

Well, that afternoon it started to snow lightly but it wasn't sticking at all to the road or sidewalk. Then that night after I put Baby K to bed I looked outside and there were several inches on the ground and it was even sticking to the road and sidewalk. My husband and I decided to move our old car and my parents' car from the side of the road to our driveway in case the snowplow came down our road. When my husband went out to move the cars there was a lot more snow than he was expecting - he had to come back in to put a coat on and we had to get out the snow brushes/ice scrapers to clean the cars off before we could move them. It's definitely nice having a garage for our cars so we usually don't have to go through that anymore. :)

We probably got about 3-4 inches of snow by morning and there was enough that I got out the snowblower to clean off the sidewalks and driveway.My poor flowers are under there somewhere...

0 comments: