Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby K turns 1!!!

On Monday, April 6th, my baby turned 1!! I can't believe that a year has gone by already! They definitely grow up way too fast! Unfortunately a few days before her birthday Baby K came down with a really bad cold and was sneezing, coughing and had a runny nose. She was a little bit better on her birthday, but still not 100%. This is how she felt most of the day:
She did manage a few smiles though:
Baby K wasn't sure what to do with the presents so I ended up opening most of them. She did like her new sandals though (I finally found some that will fit her chubby feet) and her books that had things to feel on them.


Now the birthday cake was an interesting experience for her. Baby K is still struggling to eat more solid foods. I try and give her finger foods at most meals and she usually just plays with them and throws them on the floor. Whenever I try to put food into her mouth she closes her mouth and turns her head away. If I try and force it in, sometimes she will manage to eat it and other times she will just spit it out. Well, with the birthday cake she picked up the plate that I had given her a piece on and tried to throw it off the side of her tray. So we tried again and she stuck her fingers in the cake and then promptly tried to wipe it off her hands. At one point she threw the cake again and everyone started laughing and she burst out in tears and hid her face in the side of her high chair. I think it was a combination of being tired and not feeling well, but it was definitely a unique reaction that none of our other kids have had. I think in the end she managed to eat a little bit of the cake but on the whole she just played with it and wasn't sure what to think.

Whether she enjoyed the experience or not I'm not sure, but the rest of the family had plenty of laughs. Unfortunately, being baby #5 she has lots of spectators!

0 comments: