Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mom Survey

Here are my kids' answers to a survey about me. I asked each one the questions while the others weren't around and wrote down their answers. The red comments are mine.

  1. What is something your mom always says to you?
    M&M: Clean your room.
    Luke: Clean your room.
    Blondie: Clean your room.
    Kitty: Sometimes you tell us to go to our room.
    **Do I see a pattern?

  2. What makes your mom happy?
    M&M: When our house is clean.
    Luke: When the house is clean and she doesn't have to yell at us.
    Blondie: If you clean the whole house.
    Kitty: Doing stuff that she says.
    **Another pattern?

  3. What makes your mom sad?
    M&M: When we don't do what she says or when dad gets mad at her for something.
    Luke: When I get bad grades.
    Blondie: The house not cleaned.
    Kitty: If you don't do what your mom says.

  4. How does your mom make you laugh?
    M&M: When Luke says something and she makes a good comeback.
    Luke: By telling me a joke.
    Blondie: Cause I'm ticklish.
    Kitty: The stuff that Daddy does.

  5. What was your mom like as a child?
    M&M: Like us
    Luke: She was like a kid.
    Blondie: She was good.
    Kitty: Playing

  6. How old is your mom?
    M&M: 32
    Luke: Aren't you in the 30s?
    Blondie: I don't know... 91?
    Kitty: I don't know, um... 3?
    **I just turned 33 a day or two before I asked the kids these questions...

  7. How tall is your mom?
    M&M: 5' 10"
    Luke: 80 yds
    Blondie: I don't know, ummmm... 31!
    KItty: This many (holding up both hands)
    **5' 5"

  8. What is her favorite thing to do?
    M&M: Play the flute
    Luke: Sleep
    Blondie: Play with Baby K
    Kitty: Doing the stuff that she wants to do.
    **At about this point Kitty started getting tired of the questions so she started answering the same thing, saying "I don't know", or just making something up. A few of the questions I came back to and asked her again later.

  9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
    M&M: Clean
    Luke: Cleans the house, goes to the store
    Blondie: Do laundry
    Kitty: Do the stuff that you want to do.

  10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
    M&M: Making CDs of her playing songs on the flute.
    Luke: Computer science
    **My husband started laughing when he heard Luke's response. Computer science is what I got my BS in at college, but since I've stayed home with the kids I haven't been keeping up to date with it at all.

  11. What is your mom really good at?
    M&M: Soccer, flute and piano
    Luke: Keeping Baby K happy
    Blondie: Laundry
    Kitty: I don't know. Ring-around-the-rosies?

  12. What is your mom not very good at?
    M&M: Reading my mind **Too true!!
    Luke: Video games
    Blondie: Something on the computer
    Kitty: I don't know. Hide and seek?

  13. What does your mom do for a job?
    M&M: I didn't know you had a job. A house mom
    Luke: Watches the house and Kitty and Baby K
    Blondie: Computer, laundry, ironing, sewing
    Kitty: Work in the house

  14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
    M&M: The stuff that dad doesn't like: Hamburger stroganoff
    Luke: Chinese food
    Blondie: Those things that we had last night, spaghetti?
    Kitty: Pasta
    **Very good Luke - he remembered from my birthday dinner. M&M's was a good guess too.

  15. What makes you proud of your mom?
    M&M: She's good at playing the flute.
    Luke: The way she works around the house.
    Blondie: Cleaning the house.

  16. What do you and your mom do together?
    M&M: Make cookies
    Luke: Homework
    Blondie: Go to Disneyland
    Kitty: Eat lunch

  17. How are you and your mom the same?
    M&M: Hair color
    Luke: We have the same color hair
    Blondie: We're not... our socks are the same.
    Kitty: We both have brown hair.

  18. How are you and your mom different?
    M&M: She stays at home all day, I go to school.
    Luke: I like to play video games and she doesn't.
    Blondie: Cause we don't have the same hair.
    Kitty: Mom has short hair, I have long hair.

  19. How do you know your mom loves you?
    M&M: Because she helps with homework, cleaning, flute and a lot of other stuff... and she sends me to my room.
    Luke: She takes care of the house and helps with homework.
    Blondie: She makes me lunch.
    Kitty: Because she loves me.

  20. What does your mom like most about your dad?
    M&M: His personality
    Luke: He helps her a lot.
    Blondie: He hugs you a lot.
    Kitty: Because he loves me and he loves me so much.

  21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
    M&M: Swimming pool
    Luke: The Chinese Restaurant
    Blondie: Disneyland!!
    Kitty: In the family room
    **Blondie was on a Disneyland kick by the end of the survey! The kids still love talking about that trip!

0 comments: