Friday, February 26, 2010

It's a...

Well, the poll results were 50/50 for a boy or a girl - which means that half of you guessed right and the other half guessed wrong. The baby appears healthy and developing on schedule. It pretty much confirmed our due date of July 14th - yes, our third July baby. I just hope that it comes before that date - and definitely not on the 15th or the 30th!!

I decided to cook up a little surprise for the kids to keep them in suspense for a little while as to what the baby is. I finally decided to make some cupcakes out of white cake mix and then color it either blue or pink to let them know the gender. I then covered them with chocolate frosting. So here is a picture of one of the cupcakes:
Yes, that's right, another girl!! It was fun watching the kids' reactions. When Blondie was handed her cupcake she immediately started saying, "Yes! It's a boy!", while M&M looked at her and said, "No it's not." This was Luke's response - "What! You've got to be kidding me!!" Baby K was just excited to be eating cake with chocolate frosting! M&M is still hopeful that the ultrasound was wrong and that there is a chance that it could still be a boy - even though the ultrasound tech was able to get a pretty clear view more than once during the ultrasound.

So, while the kids (and DH and I) were somewhat surprised by the result, we are really glad that we found out now so we have time to let it sink in and get excited before the baby comes in July. Plus this will give us time to think of another girl name!!

I can honestly say that I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would end up with a family of 5 girls - especially since I have always been more of a tomboy! There must be some reason unknown to us that Heavenly Father is sending us all of these girls!! In one way it will be nice for Baby K because she and the baby will be just over two years apart and should have fun playing together - like Blondie and Kitty do.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Congratulations! We voted girl by the way. You guys have such cute girls :)

Cherylyn said...

Congrats! I voted for boy, but at least we will finally have children of the same gender close in age!! What a cute idea with the cupcakes by the way!

Vonae said...

Hey Shane was right! I was hoping that he would be wrong. I'm sure that Kitty will love having a little sister.

Missy White said...

I would have voted for boy = haven't been checking my computer lately. So i would have been wrong. Congratulations!!!!!! Wow..5 girls....many, many blessings..........

Love, Mom NIelson