Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby K turns 2!!

Tuesday, April 6th
Baby K is now 2 years old! I can't believe that she is that old already! So, from now on she will be known as Kay on my blog (instead of Baby K).

She is still obsessed with Sesame Street so I made her an Abby cake (one of the new characters on Sesame Street) for her birthday. It turned out really cute. My parents were able to come over and have cake and ice cream with us on her birthday. One of her favorite gifts was a bouncy ball that she went around the room throwing to everyone - she made sure that everyone was included (even her dad who was running the video camera).After Kay finished with her cake, she immediately got down and went to her grandpa to ask him to throw the ball with her. Then she wanted to include grandma too (who was still finishing her cake). She kept saying, "Come on, Grandma! Come on!"One of Kay's funny quirks lately is that she is always wanting to wear a dress or skirt. The problem is that I have so many other cute outfits that are shorts or capris or pants that I want her to wear but she will throw an absolute fit if I try and put them on her. She also only wants to wear nightgowns to bed. The other day I forcefully put some pants and a long-sleeved shirt on her for bedtime because it was chilly (and she was freezing from having just been playing outside). It took her quite a while to settle down after that... She is definitely going to love summertime when I don't have to worry about dressing her warmly!

Trying to figure out how to work the video camera.

Lately she is having a time going to bed at night. She likes to fall asleep in my bed (usually holding onto my hair). Then DH or I will put her in her crib and some nights she will wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning crying/yelling for me. When I go in to get her she immediately changes to a happy tone of voice and says, "There she is!" or "There's the momma!" I'm hoping we can get this resolved before the new baby comes in just a few short months! I would just let her cry and scream in her bed, but she shares the room with Kitty and Luke's bedroom is just next door...

0 comments: