Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Garden work

Yesterday we did some yard work during our family home evening time - the kids and I worked in the garden and DH mowed the lawn. I think it's good to get the kids out there and have them share in some of the work. I think that this is the earliest that we have ever been ready to actually start planting in the garden. Yesterday we got some more strawberry plants planted before we headed inside. We have been having very strong winds all day today though, so I hope the plants survive!!

The weather is supposed to be cold the next few days so hopefully it will warm back up next week and then we can start planting in the main section of our garden!

And here is Kay's contribution to the work:

1 comments:

Vonae said...

I find it funny that you are working on your garden. That is what we have been doing. Today I planted tomato's, potato's, onion's, pumpkin's, watermellon, basil and some carrots. We cut some trees back hoping that the garden will get more sun and we put in compost. Lots of hard work but super fun to watch it grow and then eat it. Hope your wind stops so you can continue on the garden. How are you feeling?