Sunday, April 18, 2010

Zoo trip

Thursday, April 15th
Since the kids are off-track from school right now and the weather has been beautiful, I decided to take them on a trip to the zoo. This was Kay's first trip there where she has been old enough to really notice and be interested in the animals. My parents came along with us which helped out a lot. Kay is at the age where she wants to be very independent and wants to do what she wants to do. I brought the stroller for her to ride in and to carry our lunches and I think Kay rode in it for a total of maybe 5 minutes while we were there.

It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day. I even had to stop and take some time to put sunscreen on the kids after lunch so they wouldn't get sunburned.

Beautiful colors on this peacock!
One of Kay's favorite things to do at the zoo was to climb anything that she could. Fences, rocks, stairs, etc.
This baby elephant was by far my favorite animal at the zoo this trip.
It is so hard to get 5 kids looking at the camera and smiling at the same time!
Kay's favorite part of the zoo was riding on the carousel. She just sat there smiling the whole time the ride was going. When the ride ended and I told her it was time to get down, she started crying and throwing a fit because she wanted to stay on it.
This is a fairly new attraction at the Hogle Zoo and it is one of the prettiest carousels I have ever seen. All of the rides are different animals. Kay rode on a bald eagle, Blondie was on a dolphin, M&M was on a peacock, Luke rode on a snow leopard, and Kitty was on a zebra.
My 5 little monkeys!

Playing at the zoo playground before we left.

0 comments: